The purpose of this page is to outline how and for what purpose WFTR collects, processes and uses the personal information of its members/customers.
This is broken down as follows: –
- Why we collect information.
- What information we collect.
- Who we share your personal information with.
- How your personal information is secured.
- Managing your communication with us.
WFTR takes your privacy extremely seriously and takes all reasonable steps to ensure your information is secure.
Why we collect information
Personal information allows the club to function effectively and operate our online regalia shop. We may use this information to communicate with you regarding WFTR activities and to manage the membership of our club.
What information we collect
Personal data collected is restricted to that needed for the purposes outlined above and comprises:-
- TRR membership no. and type
- Member’s/customers full name including initials and title, member’s postal address, member’s phone number(s), if provided.
- Member’s/customers email address if provided.
- Members’s/customers delivery addresses.
- Name(s) and contact details of any family member(s) over the age of 18 years, if provided by the member with the individual’s prior agreement.
- Member’s attendance at WFTR organised events.
- Member’s classic car details if provided.
- Member’s payments for WFTR regalia and/or organised events.
- Personal event images provided by members to WFTR.
- Club night attendance statistics.
Who we share your personal information with
Members data may be shared with the TR Register, members of the WFTR committee or other WFTR members for liaison purposes on WFTR events/shows etc. We will never share members/customers personal data with other third parties without seeking and gaining prior permission to do so.
How your personal information is secured
Data is captured on a legitimate interest only basis either directly from the TR Register who provide the information to WFTR in a password protected document, or directly from shop customers.
If you have any reason to believe that any personal information we hold is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
Managing your communication with us
A member/customer may ask at any time to know what personal data we have recorded on them or to make changes as to how they hear from us. A member/customer may also ask WFTR to stop processing or to remove their personal data. If a member/customer requests that their data be removed from the records, this will be completed within 28 days.
A member/customer will be made aware that should they request deletion of their data, no further communications from WFTR will be possible.
Membership data will also be deleted from the records no later than 28 days after WFTR have been notified by the TR Register that membership has lapsed.
Shop data will be retained as follows and thereafter deleted:
- Inactive accounts are retained for 3 months
- Pending orders are retained for 30 days
- Failed orders are retained for 30 days
- Cancelled orders are retained for 30 days
- Completed orders are retained for 12 months
For further details of the WFTR GDPR policy please refer to the document posted on our website at:
22nd January 2019